"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells." -Dr. Seuss

Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dressed to a Tee

I've seen all these super cute tee refashions on the blogosphere, so I decided to try it myself. I have a ton of plain tees, so I started with a plain grey one from Target (these are my FAVORITE tees... the cut is perfect, and they are super comfortable) that I wouldn't miss if I messed up. My end result turned out way better than I expected... I will be trying this again!



I started with a 5in by 25in piece of ivory chiffon, ruffled. I twirled and gathered and played with it until I had a flower, which I stitched together with three pearls in the middle. I then hand-stitched this to the shirt. It looked a little plain, and I was trying to figure out what to do to it, when I dropped the string of pearls I was holding and it landed on the shirt pretty much the way you see in the picture. It looked pretty, so I decided to go for it! I just left the pearls on the strand they were on, threaded the ends into a needle, put them to the back and tied them off. Then I took an ivory thread and stitched in between each and every pearl. It took a long time, but the end result was pretty and totally worth it.

P.S. It's snowing in SC again... perfect weather for taking pictures!

...and a great excuse to donn my favorite white coat


I think the chiffon flower is my favorite part!


Definitely makes a little grey tee more interesting



I apologize for the pictures... that's what happens when you have your 15 year old brother take them for you :)

2 comments: