"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells." -Dr. Seuss

Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Old Dress? New Skirt!

I LOVE the fuller above the knee skirts that are so in right now! I can't get enough! I recently cleaned out my closet (again!) and remembered this dress.



I immediately saw a cute, pleated skirt... in my head. I think the only thing I liked about this dress was the color, fabric, and the pleats. I only bought it because I was literally an hour away from an event and it was the only thing I remotely liked. It's always been too big, but sometimes when I'm crunched for time, I don't think clearly.

So, old dress I've only worn once... goodbye! Hello, new cute skirt that I LOVE!





It was easy, but a little more detailed than I originally thought. I ended up having to detach and reattach the top. But from there I just had to move the zipper in the back down, and shorten the hem... a lot! I love the way it turned out... and I love living on a working "farm"... so many fun, outdoorsy backgrounds available for unique pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment