"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells." -Dr. Seuss

Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Confessions of a Shopaholic

So, confession...
I LOVE to shop. Clothes, shoes, jewelry, books, stuff for my classroom, gifts... you name it, I love shopping for it. After cleaning out my closet for the third time in less than two months, I've realized I have way too much stuff! I mean, I think I could clothe half of Africa, as well as keep the Chinese in shoes. It's shameful. Really, it makes me feel... extremely selfish to know that I have so much and some people have so little. So, I've been trying to cut back on my shopping habit and occupy my time with more productive pursuits... like blogging. HA! It's actually a little bit easier than I thought it would be. A little bit. As in not much. Stupid instant gratification culture... it would be so much easier if I had to really work for the things I have... and by work, I mean make or create. I wouldn't have nearly as much stuff. Or I would, but I would actually be proud of it because I'd worked hard to create it. I'd settle for either scenario. I saw the cutest pair of shoes online today... I don't think anyone can truly understand how difficult it was to click that little red x... or how much harder it was not to backtrack to that website and click the "add to bag" button. But, I did it! I resisted the siren call of a pretty pair of shoes. Wow, I have more self control than I thought :)

No comments:

Post a Comment