"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells." -Dr. Seuss

Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

warning: extreme negativity ahead... read at your own risk :)

Do you ever have those days that make you go "What the hell?!" Today has so been that kind of day for me. I think somebody had it out for me today, and boy did they get me good! I'm trying so, so hard to remember that my worst days are better than most people's best days, but man, sometimes you just have to cry into your coffee cup. Or just laugh at how ridiculously awful everything has gotten mixed up to be. It's comical, really. I think I could fix a lot of this if I was more assertive. Damn that southern hospitality! I was raised to be a pleaser and an accomodater... which can really take a toll on your sanity. I don't have the energy for the post I was going to write... it'll be here tomorrow. Or Friday.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. I was raised with "southern hospitality" as well, and it has left me with a complete inability to succeed in any business ventures due to my inability to "take advantage of people". Of course, what I consider to be taking advantage of people due to my upbringing is what people without southern hospitality consider doing business, but still...

    ReplyDelete